Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM)
The Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM) is the joint research institute of two of Erasmus University's leading schools: The Rotterdam School of Management (RSM). and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE)
ERIM was accredited by the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW) in 1998 and re-accredited in 2004.
The mission of ERIM is to conduct scientific research that enables organizations to assess and improve their business processes in order to perform in a profitable and responsible way. ERIM research programmes. focus on two pivotal areas of investigation. The first is the study of intra-firm and inter-firm business processes. The second is the role of data, information, information processing and knowledge in managerial decision making.
ERIM's objective is to carry out first rate research in management, as recognized by the community of peers, and to offer an advanced Doctoral Programme in Management. for the education of new, outstanding scholars in the field.
More specifically, the goals of ERIM are:
- To be a high quality institute with a high visibility and a strong reputation among its peers in the international community of researchers in management;
- To make ongoing and significant contributions to the body-of-knowledge of management;
- To achieve a high output and impact of scientific publications in the top journals and books of research in management;
- To offer high quality doctoral education through a research Master and a PhD programme in research in management;
- To attract top research talent in all stages of their career.
Throughout its activities, in research as well as teaching, ERIM distinguishes five domains of research in management:
(no. ERS-2014-010-LIS) ERIM Report Series Research in ManagementJuly 2014
Sea Container Terminals Research Paper(no. ERS-2014-009-LIS) ERIM Report Series Research in ManagementJuly 2014
Journal of Business Venturing: entrepreneurship, entrepreneurial finance, innovation and regional development, 29(4), 525-542.July 2014
Conditional Density Models Integrating Fuzzy and Probabilistic Representations of Uncertainty DissertationErasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM)June 2014
Modeling and Design of Container Terminal Operations Research Paper(no. ERS-2014-008-LIS) ERIM Report Series Research in ManagementJune 2014
Data-Driven Decision Making in Auction Markets DissertationRotterdam School of Management (RSM), Erasmus UniversityJune 2014
Envisioning and Enabling Sustainable Smart Markets Inaugural LectureJune 2014
Rotterdam School of Management (RSM), Erasmus UniversityJune 2014