Drug-eluting stents: cost versus clinical benefit.
Redirect to publisher's version
(publisher's version.url.txt, 52 bytes)
The publication in January 2001 of the first-in-man results showing zero restenosis after sirolimus-eluting stent implantation produced enormous excitement in the cardiological community. The long-awaited tool—a safe, restenosis-proof, easy-to-use stent— had been found. It was not too long thereafter that paclitaxel-eluting stents also demonstrated their capability to decrease restenosis.
- Treatment Outcome
- Coronary Restenosis/prevention & control
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation/adverse effects/statistics & numerical data
- Clinical Trials/statistics & numerical data
- Cost-Benefit Analysis/*statistics & numerical data
- Drug Implants/adverse effects/*economics/therapeutic use
- Stents/adverse effects/*economics/statistics & numerical data