Candida krusei transmission among hematology patients resolved by adapted antifungal prophylaxis and infection control measures.
Redirect to publisher's version
(publisher's version.url.txt, 50 bytes)
A sudden increase in neutropenic hematology patients with Candida krusei colonization and bacteremia prompted a longitudinal epidemiological investigation. We identified 39 patients; 13 developed candidemia, and three died; 25 patients carried the same genotype. We intervened by changing antifungal prophylaxis and implementing strict infection control measures. The incidence dropped immediately.
- Longitudinal Studies
- Antifungal Agents/administration & dosage
- Candida/genetics/isolation & purification
- Candidiasis/epidemiology/microbiology/prevention & control/*transmission
- Fungemia/epidemiology/microbiology/prevention & control
- Hematologic Diseases/complications