Unintentional nutmeg autointoxication
The Netherlands Journal of Medicine , Volume 73 - Issue 1 p. 46- 48
Nutmeg ingestion in large amounts can cause toxic symptoms such as hallucinations, tachycardia and anticholinergic effects. We describe a case of a 37-year-old woman who experienced an unintentional autointoxication of nutmeg. It is likely that nutmeg intoxication is underreported. We suggest to specifically think of nutmeg ingestion in case of symptoms as mentioned above.
|The Netherlands Journal of Medicine|
|Organisation||Department of Internal Medicine|
Roeters van Lennep, J.E, Schuit, S.C.S, van Bruchem-Visser, R.L, & Ozcan, B. (2015). Unintentional nutmeg autointoxication. The Netherlands Journal of Medicine, 73(1), 46–48. Retrieved from http://hdl.handle.net/1765/85135